Wedding Planning - 3/7/2022
Picking out your wedding dress is a big deal. It's something that most young adults dream about someday. With so much pressure put on this one dress, choosing the right one can feel overwhelming at times. How should you go about picking the perfect dress for you? At The Oklahoma Bridal Show, we want every bride to feel confident, beautiful, and like their best selves in the dress they choose for their special day which is why this blog post is dedicated to sharing our favorite tips when dress shopping.
5 tips for choosing the right wedding dress are:
1. Do Your Research Beforehand: Doing your research prior to making dress appointments is important. There are so many different types of wedding dresses out there that going in blindly can make the dress search even more stressful. Check out bridal magazines, online blogs, or Pinterest boards to see what types of dresses are out there. Figure out which ones you like and would be interested in trying on and go from there. It also might be helpful to pick out brands you love to see if stores you are visiting have those types of dresses in stock.
2. Understand Your Body Shape: Whether you have a pear, hourglass, triangle, or any other type of body shape, there is a dress silhouette that is designed to complement it best. When you do not know where to start, begin by looking at dress styles that fit your body type and accentuate your best features. This will also allow you to see what you're most comfortable in.
3. Highlight Your Personal Style: When wedding dress shopping, it is always important to keep your personal style in mind. When you are trying on a multitude of dresses, it is easy to lose yourself in the dresses. Think about what styles you resonate the most with and go from there. You want to feel like yourself on your wedding day and not like you are wearing a costume.
4. Think About Comfort Levels: When picking your wedding dress, keep in mind that you will be wearing this dress for a long period of time. Make sure you are comfortable in it and can handle wearing it all night long. Move around to make sure it's not too scratchy or too heavy.
5. Remember Your Budget: While the sticking to a budget is not fun, it should always be a priority. If needed, invite a family member that will help you stay within the price tag you can afford. They can constantly remind you that there is a dress for you out there that won't break the bank.
There are so many different things to keep in mind when wedding dress shopping, these are just some of the key points to keep in mind while searching for your dream dress. For more wedding planning tips and tricks, check out our other blog posts here.