Wedding Planning - 11/5/2021
Planning a wedding is already stressful enough but adding the extra factors of the holiday season can elevate this stress even more. When done right and with proper preparation, planning a wedding during November through January is not as intimidating or scary as it might seem. At The Oklahoma Bridal Show, we want every couple to be informed when planning their wedding, even the ones that take place during the holidays.
Here are five tips on how to plan your wedding around the holiday season:
1. Find holiday sales: There are always tons of sales going on during the holiday season and this can be a great thing for planning a wedding. Black Friday and Cyber Monday can give you great items at lower prices such as centerpiece decorations or clothing accessories.
2. Organization is key: Just like with planning a wedding any other time of the year, being organized and on top of everything is important. This is especially true during the holiday season since there is already so much stuff going on.
3. Give notice ahead of time: Making sure to get your holiday wedding invitations out very far in advance is important. Since people are probably traveling more during this time of year, put an emphasis on getting the invitations and RSVPs out earlier than normal.
4. Accept that not everyone can come: When you are planning a wedding during the holiday season, it is likely that some people will not be able to attend. Because of the busyness surrounding these months, it is important to not take this personal.
5. Make it festive: It's the happiest time of the year so why not play into that? Adding a lot of greenery with red, gold, and silver tones can make the season come to life at your wedding. You can also have festive themed food and drinks like a spiked eggnog or sugar cookies.
At the end of the day, planning a wedding during the holiday season is very similar to planning a wedding during any other time of year. The only difference is that there is a lot more going on outside of the wedding that needs to be considered. If you need assistance in the wedding planning process, contact us today.