Wedding Ceremony - 6/17/2021
Choosing the venue for a wedding is no easy task, but the first thing that needs to be established is if the special day should be indoors or outdoors. There are advantages and disadvantages for both, and it affects the planning process, so getting a good understanding of the different options is essential. At The Oklahoma Bridal Show, we are here to help and have compiled a list pros and cons for both indoor and outdoor wedding venues.
Indoor Wedding Pros:
● Control: Having a wedding indoors gives a lot more control over when the wedding can be as well as the weather.
● More intimate: Being in a smaller, enclosed area can create a more intimate atmosphere and service.
Indoor Wedding Cons:
● Decoration Costs: Decorating a big empty space can easily become expensive. Renting tables, chairs and decorative pieces can add up quickly. Make sure to allot extra room in the budget for decoration costs.
● Space: When planning a wedding indoors, you are constrained by the size of the room. This can impact how many people are in attendance as well as the type of tables and decorations that are chosen.
Outdoor Wedding Pros:
● The scenery: Outdoor wedding venues are gorgeous. The scenery is beautiful and will make any wedding ceremony look elegant and memorable for guests.
● Natural lighting: Everyone knows that natural lighting is the best lighting for taking photos. All the pictures taken at the wedding are bound to come out looking amazing with the natural, outdoor scenery.
Outdoor Wedding Cons:
● Nature: With an outdoor wedding, you are at the mercy of mother nature. Weather can be unpredictable and so can bugs and other animals. Having a backup plan or tents ready to go at any time when having the ceremony outside is always a good way to go, just in case.
● Harder to reserve: When planning an outdoor wedding, depending on the location, the wedding will most likely need to be in the spring or summer months. Cutting out half the year can make these types of venues harder to reserve since there is a smaller time frame for them.
There are pros and cons to both indoor and outdoor weddings. It is important to understand all your options and weigh them on what best fits your needs and wants out of your big day. To find out more information about planning your wedding, click here.